Open Now! is a Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010 add-in which allows you to quickly search for files by name and open them in Visual Studio. Open Now! is an open source add-in licensed under the GPL.Screenshots:
- Open files in Visual Studio or view them in Windows Explorer.
- Force open files in code view (instead of designer view which some file types default to).
- Filter and sort by file name, file path, project name and project path.
- Filter using wildcards.
- Retain settings between uses.
- Fast responsive interface.
- Open source.
- Open Now! Package
- Open Now! v1.1.0 Installer (450 KB)*
- Open Now! v1.1.0 Archive (65 KB)
- Open Now! v1.1.0 Source Code (105 KB)
* Includes binaries built for Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010.Special Characters:
There are a number of special characters that can prefix search terms. You can string several special characters together to create more advanced terms. The actual search string starts after the first invalid special character or opening quote. These special characters are:
- The ampersand (&) specifies that the search string should be combined with a logical "and". (Note, this is the default implicit behavior - you probably wont even need to type an ampersand).
- The vertical bar (|) specifies that the search string should be combined with a logical "or".
- The hyphon (-) and apostrophe (!) specify that the search string should be negated.
- The backward slash (\) or forward slash (/) specify that the whole file or project path should be searched, not just the file or project name.
- The colon (:) specifies that the project or project path should be searched and not the file name or file path.
- The double quote (") can be used to surround the above special characters (or spaces) to effectively "escape" them.
- The asterisk (*) can be used as a multi character wildcard.
- The question mark (?) can be used as a single character wildcard.
|substring .h||Find all files containing substring in all .h files.|
|substring |.cpp |.h||Find all files containing substring in all .cpp and .h files.|
|substring -.h||Find all files containing substring in all files except .h files.|
|substring -.cpp -.h||Find all files containing substring in all files except .cpp and .h files.|
|substring \\include\||Find all files containing substring in any folder called include.|
|substring :\"header files"||Find all files containing substring in any filter containing header files.|
|:substring||Find all files in any project containing substring.|
|substring *.h||Find all files containing substring in all files ending in .h.|
option to open files outside of your solution.
- Added an OpenComplementary command (Alt+O) to open files of the same name but differing extensions.
- Added support for Visual Studio 2010.
- Added support for Visual Studio 2008.
- Original build.