BSP Viewer is a utility designed for mappers for previewing Half-Life 1 .bsp files and technical information about how they are being rendered. This is meant to help mappers find problem areas in their BSP files that need to be optimized.
BSP Viewer has been superseded by Crafty, my new Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2 .bsp, .gl, .map, .mdl, .rmf and .vmf viewer. Crafty can be found here.Screenshots:
- Optional rendering of textures, lighting, entities, special textures, transparent textures and sorting.
- Edge viewing and clipping.
- Optional use of VIS, frustum and backface culling.
- Scene freezing.
- Optional rendering of entities in special render modes.
- Real time entity editing.
- Entity picking.
- GCF loading.
- PTS loading.
- Exports .3ds, .map, .xsi, .ent and .bmp files.
- Scene information viewing.
- Supports .bsp files without VIS or RAD information
- Recent .bsp file menu.
- Quick and easy setup.
- 100% Free.