BSP Viewer is a utility designed for mappers for previewing Half-Life 1 .bsp files and technical information about how they are being rendered. This is meant to help mappers find problem areas in their BSP files that need to be optimized.
BSP Viewer has been superseded by Crafty, my new Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2 .bsp, .gl, .map, .mdl, .rmf and .vmf viewer. Crafty can be found here.
- Optional rendering of textures, lighting, entities, special textures, transparent textures and sorting.
- Edge viewing and clipping.
- Optional use of VIS, frustum and backface culling.
- Scene freezing.
- Optional rendering of entities in special render modes.
- Real time entity editing.
- Entity picking.
- GCF loading.
- PTS loading.
- Exports .3ds, .map, .xsi, .ent and .bmp files.
- Scene information viewing.
- Supports .bsp files without VIS or RAD information
- Recent .bsp file menu.
- Quick and easy setup.
- 100% Free.
Modified: Aug 8th, 2006 - 3:49:03 pm[ 130772 Views ] 2. iizraelPosted: Apr 21st, 2005 - 6:21:57 pm
Any news when one will be out for Hl2?
4. XTian109Posted: May 18th, 2005 - 5:18:36 am
Can't wait 4 HL2 version. Promise 2 send donation when i get some work.
U lot R godsends. Thanx
5. NemPosted: May 19th, 2005 - 1:42:15 pm
As I've said before, I have so many other projects right now that a HL2 .bsp viewer isn't going to happen for a while.
TG v4 is my current priority, it's framework (engine, file system and material system) should prove useful for a HL2 .bsp viewer.
6. DarkPosted: May 19th, 2005 - 4:12:26 pm
I've found your BspViewer very useful.
May be some donation can change your priorities to make HL2 bspviewer earlier.
If there is such sum and you are intersted in my suggestion then e-mail me.
7. SilencerModified: May 25th, 2005 - 9:39:55 pm
hope the transition of the old engine to the new goes well for your bsp viewer nem the whole valve community is waking up to your programs!
i'm glad valve built upon the code they had for hl1 and not starting over :)
8. NemModified: May 27th, 2005 - 12:45:41 pm
Fine! I'll write one already. Enough people have asked me...
First days work:
My plan is to allow it to view multiple file formats (.bsp, .mdl, .vmf etc.).
looking forward to bsp edit 2005. maybe you could write a app to convert .mdl's and vmf's into .smds(3ds max 7). ive exported to .dxf and tried it that way but i cant figure out the texture alignments. anyway keep up the good work.
10. NemPosted: May 30th, 2005 - 12:39:00 pm
There is already a HL2 .mdl decompiler available here
11. SilencerPosted: Jun 19th, 2005 - 12:54:40 am
looks good so far keep up the good work nem :)
Any thing new on the hl2/css version?
13. HalfBrainPosted: Jul 18th, 2005 - 12:27:46 pm
My god, I really hope you will do bsp, mdl, vmf, anything viewer. This will be great jump for some of my machinima work and - of course - whole hl2 community. And TG4, man, I will mary you. No, wait, I will be you friend till the end of our digital lives.
14. NemPosted: Jul 18th, 2005 - 10:07:55 pm
There is a screen shot on this page
. To be honest I haven't done anything since then, just been to bloody busy (it's summer!). Anyways, will try to finish it off soon.
15. _KaszpiR_Posted: Nov 4th, 2005 - 9:47:52 am
The screenshots how to configure it under Steam, sorry it is in my native langauge, but i guess the images are understandable enought for anyone else
You must be logged in to post a comment.
New users can register here