Before e-mailing me, please keep the following in mind:
- Whenever possible please post any comments or questions regarding any content on my site in their appropriate articles. This will allow other users with similar questions to resolve their questions more easily. Registration takes all of thirty seconds and requires no confirmation by e-mail.
- If my site is not an appropriate place for your question then please use the forums.
- Please do not contact me with questions relating to common mapping practices, there are plenty of sites and forums out there where you will get a faster more appropriate response.
- Please do not message me on MSN Messenger; I block people that I don't know.
- No I do not need to enlarge anything.
Now that we've got that out of the way, you can contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modified: Mar 2nd, 2005 - 9:51:23 pm[ 10093 Views ]
1. closet_ramboPosted: Oct 24th, 2003 - 10:46:04 am
Is this where I submit my question?
2. closet_ramboModified: Oct 24th, 2003 - 10:53:17 am
I have been researching Hint brush crap and trying to get the PVS for each leaf just right and I'm tired.
I want to get into the source for Zoner Tools and make a BSP editor that can edit entities and modify the PVS set for each leaf.
ANyone can tell me where to get info on what goes on inside of CSG, BSP, VIS, RAD?
The meat and potatoes of what goes into a BSP generation?
Theory Stuff ???
WHAT is a portal, leaf, ... I've no real expanation in technical terms.
AAAAARRRRRGHH !!! It's been two freeking years and I'm getting no where!
3. NemPosted: Oct 24th, 2003 - 6:23:49 pm
I wrote a tutorial on CM which goes more into the details of how the compiler actually works (not too deeply though, it’s aimed at how hits affect geometry break down)...
A quick summation:
CSG – Performs constructive solid geometry on your brushes. This is a fairly standard process which basically splits polygons along intersections discarding geometry that is out of the scene.
BSP – Performs a binary space partition of your solid geometry. Not exactly sure what goes on here but I suspect it builds a binary tree out of the polygons created by the constructive solid geometry stage which is how the scene is stored. A binary tree consists of a node with up to two child nodes. (Binary = two.) Each child node can have two child nodes and so on. A node that does not have any children is called a leaf.
VIS – Computes a visibility index set composed of smaller potential visibility sets which are lists of leaf-nodes a given leaf-node can potentially see.
RAD – Performs radiosity which is basically a ray tracer that preprocess all the static lighting and some of the statically simulated dynamic lighting (i.e. light switches but not flashlights) and stores the lighting information in the form a lightmaps which are nothing more then images.
4. dennis.87Modified: Dec 28th, 2003 - 2:47:33 pm
Why dosn´t my gcfscape100beta work I get a error "mscorwks.dll could not be loaded" what stands that for. If its an upgrade I need you can send those files to me. PLEASE
5. NemPosted: Dec 28th, 2003 - 3:06:58 pm
As it says on the news page you need the .NET framework.
6. dennis.87Modified: Dec 31st, 2003 - 10:31:48 am
I have .Net framework I got it from my service pack 1 cd.
7. dennis.87Posted: Feb 7th, 2004 - 10:51:11 am
I have another problem now after I have installed the newest .Net After i have unzipped all the gcf files how do I start CS 1.6 I tryed the old way . to a shortcut from the 88kb hl.exe and edit the line to -game cstrike. but It loades but then nothing why????
8. arturoPosted: Sep 14th, 2004 - 1:28:21 am
I Have Game Studio 6 and canot use the map file i create, all i get is a big grey block. Can anyon help regarding this please
9. NoBodyModified: Sep 14th, 2004 - 3:25:38 am
you are not suposed to extract the game to run it (and you can't make it independant of steam)
the command is no longer -game cstriek, its -applaunch 10 and you use it on steam.exe
can you give a link for this Game Studio 6
10. arturoPosted: Sep 14th, 2004 - 1:16:07 pm
@Dennis thanks for that bit disapointing i was led to belive i could build a map and export it in a map file for use on game studio.
This is there web site http://www.conitec.net/a4info.htm
go there and download there game builder trial version. After 3 months you have to purchase it, there are 3 versions Home, Comercial and profesional. I have the comercial version its prety good ($180 if i remember right).
Live long and prosper
You must be logged in to post a comment.
New users can register here.
New users can register here.