VTF Plug-In is an Adobe Photoshop 6.0 and up file format plug-in for the .vtf file format. It is a simple plug-in that supports single-frame/single-face, 3 or 4 channel .vtf files in any format. It is designed for typical .vtf creation and viewing and does not contain the advanced features found in VTFEdit. Nonetheless, it can be a useful tool for creating simple .vtf files. The plug-in does not support 64 bit versions of Photoshop.
- Fixed alpha channel premultiplying on open.
- Added support for multiple alpha channels.
- Added support for version 7.4 of the VTF format.
- Upgraded to VTFLib v1.2.7.
- Added support for version 7.3 of the VTF format.
- Upgraded to VTFLib v1.2.6.
- Added spray templates.
- Upgraded to VTFLib v1.2.5.
- Added "Mipmaps" option.
- Upgraded to VTFLib v1.2.2.
- Added support for 16 bit channel reading.
- Upgraded to VTFLib v1.2.1.
- Upgraded to VTFLib v1.2.0.
- Upgraded to VTFLib v1.1.3.
- Improved format specific flag handling.
- Fixed combobox height.
Modified: Mar 5th, 2013 - 4:27:23 am[ 404719 Views ] 1. cribs2Posted: May 12th, 2005 - 5:43:05 pm
AWSOME! You are officioly my god!
2. dionysosPosted: May 17th, 2005 - 4:11:10 pm
Incredible job Nemesis! I just downloaded and did a quick import test smooth as silk. You have saved many people from a lot of busy work.
3. SletinPosted: May 22nd, 2005 - 12:53:37 am
Nem, you Truely are amazing. Im very very impressed with your work. I cannot believe you are human! lol, ur a GOD
5. mabanPosted: Aug 13th, 2005 - 12:03:03 pm
This works for PhotoShop Elements 2.0 and up also.
6. ekramerPosted: Aug 15th, 2005 - 6:12:45 pm
will it work for photoshop 5?
7. NemModified: Feb 21st, 2006 - 6:50:53 pm
No. Adobe charges money for their SDK (currently v7). It took me hours to find the old v6 SDK on the web, which was their last free release. It only supports Photoshop 6 and up.
You could copy and paste from Adobe to VTFEdit (easiest solution), the alpha channel is not supported with this method however.
Edit: A few people have mentioned to me that it does work in Paint Shop Pro. To install it, create a folder in the PlugIns folder called VTFLib and place both the VTF.8bi and the VTFLib.dll files in it. If it works please let me know which version of Paint Shop you have, I know it at least works in Paint Shop Pro 8.
8. MagikusModified: Oct 13th, 2005 - 3:42:25 pm
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with Photoshop 8 CS, does it? I installed it correctly but there is nothing to be seen of VTF-format and I cant open or save VTF :(
Can you fix it so it will do?
9. NemPosted: Oct 13th, 2005 - 10:27:27 pm
The plug-in should work in PS CS (I've heard of many people using it and I personally use it in PS CS2). Make sure you have all your files in the right place (see readme.txt); foreign countries may have localized folder names and different PS installations can have different directory structures.
10. MenZaPosted: Nov 10th, 2005 - 5:45:49 am
I use it for CS2 aswell. Sure you installed the .dll file in your PS root directory?
11. NoSyMePosted: Jan 24th, 2006 - 12:32:00 pm
Hi, i have a Problem with the VTF Photoshop Plug-In!
I installed it right but it don't work. "Can't find VTFLib.dll" ......pls help
Sry for the bad english I'm german!
12. NemPosted: Jan 24th, 2006 - 4:51:03 pm
The error you describer occurs when the .dll cannot be found, it should be in the same folder as your Photoshop.exe. As a last resort you can try putting it in your system32 folder, Windows will also look there.
what are the settings if you want a transparant .vtf (with the alpha channel)
14. NemPosted: Feb 23rd, 2006 - 7:34:52 pm
The simplest settings to use are the templates, these are my recommended settings for various types of textures. In this case Compressed Texture With Alpha would apply.
15. f00b13Posted: Mar 18th, 2006 - 9:16:52 pm
I have photoshop 8 and it doesn't seem to work....
You must be logged in to post a comment.
New users can register here